Saturday, July 6, 2013

Food Review: Luna Bar - White Chocolate Macadamia Flavour

For those of us who like to lead an active lifestyle it's nice to have some easy options to fuel our day while getting in the nutrients we need. Energy bars and protein bars are a quick and convenient option that are easy to take along with you on the go. One of the bars I've had in the past that tastes really good and helped energize me was the Luna bar.

I've tried the Caramel Nut Brownie, Chocolate Peppermint Stick, Lemon Zest, Nutz Over Chocolate , and S'mores flavors (with my favorite being the Caramel Nut Brownie - there's other flavors out there I haven't tried yet)



For workout fuel for my run I decided to try the White Chocolate Macadamia flavor since I hadn't tried it yet. It's a portable size that I could fit into a pouch on my running belt  that I use when I go for a long run. In the past I've found Luna bars to be a good source of energy that helps keep me from getting overly hungry when doing a bunch of intense training. 



If you like the taste of white chocolate and macadamia nuts I'm sure you'll love this bar. As soon as I took a bite I could feel and taste the white chocolate and macadamia flavors swirling in my mouth. The texture of these bars is just right - neither too hard or too soft. They also have just the right amount of sweetness. 
It's a snack that isn't messy and it's so easy to eat!

 I had no problem eating this bar while running. Whether it's running on the treadmill while watching my favorite shows or running out in nature it's important to fuel yourself properly. I make sure to take care of my fueling needs so I recover properly - I enjoy staying healthy so I can go for a run when I want to. 

The Luna bar keeps the calories in a good range so it's easy to add to your daily calorie budget. It tastes just like a yummy treat. It's always a good thing when something that's good for you tastes good and gives you the energy you need. Other brands of bars can be higher in calories (250+ calories). The White Chocolate Macadamia Luna bar was a nice find for me and I'll be buying it again for sure!

Nutrition Info

Calories 190
Fat 7g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 210mg
Potassium 340 mg
Carbohydrates 25g
Fiber 3g
Sugars 11g
Protein 9g

*The bar has plenty of vitamins inside. I decided not to list it because the list is a good length.

Question for the readers:   Have you tried a Luna Bar before? If so, what's your favorite flavor? 

No comments:

Post a Comment